Happy Mother's Day! You are being watched!

As you know, in our pink culture, there are so many life lessons that we learn. Those lessons are then passed on to our children. Having children grow up in our Mary Kay family has been such a blessing! We have a challenge in our family which is to see others with an invisible sign that reads, "Make me feel special". When my eldest daughter was in sixth grade, she came home with a story of a friend who was being bullied and mistreated by the other girls in her class. This young lady would be found crying on the playground and being left out. Angie reminded her of every bodies invisible sign. A number of months later Angie was talking with the young girls mother and she said the following, "I appreciate your daughter so much, she has taught my little girl what it means to be a friend." Wow! This past school year my youngest was in her room making a card. I asked her who the card was for. Her response. "There is a new girl coming to my class from Michigan. I just wanted to welcome her." Wow! As I watch my daughters grow I am amazed at their confidence and determination! I truly believe that as they watch their mother succeed, they are given hope that they too can accomplish great things! They too can make a difference in their world! My youngest, this past year saw a need in her school's weekly chapel. She set a time with the school principle and made a CD with worship songs to play in her chapel! Guess what. Some of those songs are now being played! My eldest has become such a leader in her class. As a freshman she leads the school in worship during her chapels and is known to stand up for her peers when being mis-treated. I am so proud of my girls. Solomon writes:

Train a child in a way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6




That means that everything we pour into our children's lives now, will be evident in their lives as an adult! And when it seems that they have rejected your values and principles as an adult, the seed that has been planted will never go away! When you think that your children are not listening, think again! In order to be a successful mother, you must pour yourself into your children. Through prayer and the love that God has given to you, may your children see Him through you. I may never know what it is like to carry a child through birth. The bond a child has with its mother upon its feedings as a newborn. My role as daddy may be a little different, yet as I have watched Angie with my girls...oh how strong they will be! What a great mentor they have in Angie. Mother's do not be discouraged when it seems they are not listening...for they are! Blessing's to you on this Mother's Day! May your children call you blessed! May your husband call you amazing!!!



His call. His gifts. Your purpose. Mother.

Coming Father's Day..."Gentlemen: Tell the Next Generation!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets get it started!

Connected