Summer Series 2013: Part 1 - Trust in the Lord



Let’s pick up where we left last week….I shared about my nephew and his new found trust in me.  Each day at the pool it was the same thing, “Uncle catch me.”  “Uncle take me for a ride.”  In the hotel room, “let’s jump on uncle time”.  “Let’s play a game with uncle.”  It was so much fun and brought joy to my heart knowing that my nephew and I were bonding.  His trust in me opened up and our relationship grew.  I think you may know where this is going….

When we read Proverbs 3:5 we always see it through our eyes.  Yet have you taken a step back and seen it through the eyes of the Lord?   I felt so much joy with my nephew!  I miss the kid and can’t wait to see him again!  What brings me joy is knowing that he trust me.  As I began to reflect on this moment, I started thinking, “If I feel these emotions, then how does God our Father feel when we say, “I trust you.””  I know life gets difficult and it’s hard to take the plunge into life sometimes, yet God stands in the darkest moments of our life and says, “Trust Me.”  When we trust in the Lord it allows God to shower his blessings on us.  It opens opportunities to grow in Him. 

Isaiah 42:5-9
New International Version (NIV)

5 This is what God the Lord says—
  the Creator of the heavens, who stretches them out,
  who spreads out the earth with all that springs from it,
  who gives breath to its people,
  and life to those who walk on it:
I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness;
   I will take hold of your hand.
   I will keep you and will make you
   to be a covenant for the people
   and a light for the Gentiles,
to open eyes that are blind,
   to free captives from prison
   and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.
8 I am the Lord; that is my name!
   I will not yield my glory to another
   or my praise to idols.
See, the former things have taken place,
  and new things I declare;
  before they spring into being
  I announce them to you.”

I love this passage!  It not only shows us Gods all powerful nature, but it also shows us His love for us!  Our relationship with God begins with trust.    I love it when God says…

” the Creator of the heavens, who stretches them out ….”

Who spreads out the earth…”

Who gives breath…”

God establishes himself as creator of everything and then He shares with us a promise to those who “trust in the Lord with all their heart”.  The word “I” is used seven times in this passage.  Do you think God is trying to send us a message?  When we fully trust God with ALL our heart, he intervenes in ways we can never know!  
 
I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness;
   I will take hold of your hand.;”

   I will keep you…”

What a promise!  I know you may have heard this message many times, yet I share because this person who writes these words needed to be reminded!  As our home dynamics begin to change and a child goes off to college, I hear the whisper of the Lord…”Trust ME.”  As doors of opportunities close, I hear the whisper of the Lord…“Trust Me.”  As I look into the future and wonder what in the world is going on, I hear the whisper of the Lord...”Trust Me.”  I will admit, it can be hard to “trust”.  I can either become impatient and step in front of God or stay where I am and never move because it is safe.  Yet I am reminded of Gods perfect timing in my life by presenting to me a visual of “trust”…a nephew jumping into the arms of his uncle in the pool. 

See, the former things have taken place,
  and new things I declare;
  before they spring into being
  I announce them to you.”

Trust is living it out each day knowing that God is in control.  It is knowing that at this very moment He is administrating your future!  Why?  Because you jumped from the edge of the pool and he caught you!  Your relationship grows and you jump again!  You gain some boldness and again you jump!  You bring joy to our heavenly Father because you trusted Him!  And when you trust Him, He will declare the “new things” to you!  The process may hurt at times, yet the result will always be the same…God’s blessings and growth in your walk with Him!  Ray Vander Lann said, “God brings us to desert moments, where the heat wants to consume us.  Where the lack of water drives us to the edge of how much more can I take.  Those desert moments in the Bible become moments to meet God.”  Jump my friends…again and again!

His call.  His gift to you.  Your purpose.  Irrevocable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets get it started!

Connected