ir·rev·o·ca·ble (əˈrevəkəb(ə)l/): adj.  not able to be changed, reversed, or recovered; final.

There is a change coming to Irrevocable Call. Not a big one.  Eight years ago this February I had an opportunity to lead an unexpected Bible study to a few business leaders on a trip.  Knowing that I was a Pastor/Bible Teacher, one of the Mary Kay National Directors, Cyndee Grees, pulled me aside Friday morning and asked if I could share a few words from the Bible on Sunday morning.  I said "Of course, it would be an honor." So I began to pray, "Lord, what do You want me to say to these ladies and their spouses?  In no way I want to waste any one's time, so Lord speak through me."  I will admit I was nervous.  What was I going to say to these important people? This was a first for me…speaking outside the walls of a church or classroom.  Yet at the same time it was exciting because it was a new challenge and I loved it!  The Holy Spirit brought me to Romans 11 where Paul is writing to the Jewish believers.  The message of the chapter is a reminder to the Jewish Christians in Rome that they are not forgotten in this new Messianic age.  Salvation through Christ does not bring an end to God’s promise for His chosen people.  The promises we read in the Old Testament concerning Israel and its descendants is to be celebrated as God fulfills his promises though His people.  As the Gospel begins to flourish and Gentiles become part of the “family” of God, Paul reminds Israel of God’s character.  Faithful.  Romans 11:29 says, "...for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable."  God was not going to change His given word to Israel.  Through Israel came salvation to the world…Christ.  And through Israel will He usher in His kingdom for His gifts and call are irrevocable.  God will not change his mind!  God will not take away His gift!  What He said will come to pass…it is IRREVOCABLE!

How does this apply to you and me?  It shows us the character of an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent God.  A God who has equipped us with certain abilities and gifts that were formed in the “inner womb” (Psalm 139).  As followers of Christ we are to use those gifts and abilities to further the call Christ has given to us…”All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. (Matthew 28:18-20, NKJV)”.

Irrevocable Call will be changing to….Irrevocable.  I hope this site will be an encouragement to the body of believers.  The site will include resources, videos and articles that will include the following:

Irrevocable Word:  Series that will study Theology and Apologetics through the Scriptures (Sola Scriptora).

Irrevocable Marketplace:  Business based on a Biblical Worldview.

Irrevocable Family:  Tools and ideas to strengthen a Christian family in a secular world.

Irrevocable Men:  Encouraging words to men on being the priest, prophet, provider, protector and promoter of your home.

Coming this February!


His call. His gifts. Your purpose. Irrevocable!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets get it started!

Connected