Call to Me!



How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win
                                                       -G.K. Chesterton

Jeremiah was locked up in prison. He had been speaking on God's behalf, yet the king did not like what he heard, and threw him in prison. While in prison Jeremiah prays and brings before God his need. Yet in Chapter 33 we see the following words...'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' In the midst of Jeremiah's woes, God said 'Call me and I will answer you!' God does not stop there though.....'I will tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know!'  Let that sink in!  So many times we try to do things in our lives that we think is going to work, without seeking God's direction. Issues arise in our lives that have imprisoned us. We feel like Jeremiah, stuck in prison.  Allow me to encourage you today.  Through God's Word we are restored.

Psalm 119:73-80

"Your hands have made me and fashioned me;
Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments.
74 Those who fear You will be glad when they see me,
Because I have hoped in Your word.
75 I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are right,
And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.
76 Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort,
According to Your word to Your servant.77 Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live;
For Your law is my delight.
78 Let the proud be ashamed,
For they treated me wrongfully with falsehood;
But I will meditate on Your precepts.
79 Let those who fear You turn to me,
Those who know Your testimonies.
80 Let my heart be blameless regarding Your statutes,
That I may not be ashamed."



His call. His gift to you. Your purpose. Irrevocable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets get it started!

Connected