Voices from the Past: In His Presence!

Last night I was driving home alone from running an errand. I threw on a CD and a song played that brought me into a place of worship. It had been a while since I have taken time to just be alone with God like that. As I pulled into our neighborhood, I whispered to myself..."I've missed that." In those few minutes of being in the presence of God, my cup that I had poured out throughout the week was filled!

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you,as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory.
Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.
So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed,and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help,and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. - Psalm 63:1-8



In whatever profession, our week can get so filled that we forget to step back and savor a moment with the very one who can give us the strength to carry on. This weeks challenge is simple. Take time to rest in the presence of the Lord. In His presence I believe that we are given the ability and confidence to move forward at the right time and moment. God begins to move on our behalf, because we are in tuned with His ideas for our life. I heard a great example of this. You know the photo booths you find at an amusement park? The one that you pay $2 for three/four pictures? When you enter the booth you pull the curtain and your focus is totally on the camera. You focus on the right pose. Yet in the midst of the booth everything around you continues to carry on. The noise. The screams. Laughter. Yet in that booth a curtain separates you from the elements for a moment. The flash happens and you then grab your pictures. Sometimes in life we need to enter the photo booth. Chaos may be all around us. Business is not doing well. Work is becoming bothersome. Life is throwing its curve balls and we feel overwhelmed. Its time to step into the "photo booth", close the curtain and focus on the one that gives us strength. Strike a pose and allow the presences of God take a picture, reminding you of His faithfulness! A quote that made an impression on me states, "The problem is not God coming to us, but us coming to God."

How lovely is your dwelling place,O LORD of hosts! My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the LORD; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God. - Psalm 84:1-2


VOICES FROM THE PAST
Smith Wigglesworth was a very powerful speaker in the early 1900's. God used this plumber turned preacher to impact a generation. He was known to be a man who walked with God. His ministry included powerful messages that pierced the hearts of those who heard him. Yet, when asked what was his secret, it would always return with being in the presence of God.


Believe that when you come into the presence of God you can have all you came for. You can take it away, and you can use it, for all the power of God is at your disposal in response to your faith.

There are two kinds of shouts: a shout that is made, and a shout that makes you. There are men of God, but there are also men who are God's men. There is a place where you take hold of God, but there is a better place where God takes hold of you.

Psalm 91:1 says, "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. " Do YOU know the presence of the Almighty? It is wonderful. It is a surety, with no wavering, no unbelief, no unrest there. It is perfect! - Smith Wigglesworth


Whether a owner of a business. Teacher. Plumber. Accountant. Pastor. When we step into the presence of God, we are given supernatural ability to fulfill that which God has called us to do. I believe it is in the presence of God that we are given "God ideas" for our business. Classes. Teams. Congregations! Ideas that will shape the lives of others and prove once and for all that God is not done with us yet! Let me give you an example. One of my classes is a handful! I do not look forward to the part of the day when the bell rings and I know this class is on its way. It seems that we are not connecting, and I am at the end of my rope. Everything that I have tried is not working. I've been praying for the Lord to give me some answers. Last night as I sat in the presence of God, I was given a game plan! I can't wait for Monday! It may take awhile, but I believe there will be a break through!

It is a blessed thing to learn that God's word can never fail. Never hearken to human plans. God can work mightily when you persist in believing Him in spite of discouragements from the human standpoint. - Smith Wigglesworth


Maybe your at that point where nothing is working. You are spent. Let me encourage you...stop what your doing and spend some time in the presence of God. Enter the "photo booth" and see what happens! It just might be the key that starts the ignition to success!

The Lord will always meet you when you are on the line of living faith. -Smith Wigglesworth


His Call. His gift to you. Your Purpose. Irrevocable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets get it started!

Connected