Irrevocable Call Words of Wisdom

Have you ever had someone give you words of wisdom? You know the ones that make you think and say "I can do this thing!" Words that Inspired you to be the best. I had one of those moments. Not from a relative or friend, but from a person who created a legacy. Walt Disney. Angie and I have always loved Disneyland! A matter of fact when we were dating we celebrated our one year together at Disneyland. Every time I visit the "happiest place on earth", memories of childhood come back, so now it is neat to create new ones with our children. Four years ago, Angie and I decided to take the girls to Florida to visit Disney World and a small getaway on the Disney Cruise ship The Wonder. Now this was our first time to Disney World. We had seen pictures, seen it on TV, but to experience it...oh my! The memories created were priceless! As our trip was coming to an end I was thinking back to the great memories and trying to relive them in my mind. One evening as Angie and I were dreaming and making plans to come back, I said..."What a legacy Walt Disney created." When we got back home I wanted to learn more about Walt, so I read his biography. I wanted know how did he create this legacy? It was not always easy for him. He at times was at the end of his rope, but he had a dream. His characters were stolen from him at one time, yet he had a dream. He had a breakdown, yet he had a dream. Walt once said, "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started by a mouse." Thanks to a dream, millions of people every year create memories with their loved ones! Everyone, and I mean everyone, had to start somewhere. Take a look at the first African American millionaire!
The words of Madam C.J. Walker (1905) state, "I got my start by giving myself a start." Doesn't sound like much, but did I mention she was a child of slaves. In a time where the color of her skin was an obsticle, she rose up, started a business in cosmetics to African Americans and became the first self made woman millionaire in America! Her line of beauty products for African American women was more than just to make money. She saw it as away to empower other African American women. She trained and recruited scores of "Walker Agents" to sell her products! Through her concepts and dreaming big, she enabled literally thousands of African American women to go into business for themselves. Sound familiar? Do you think she has some words of wisdom? Stretch yourself this week and step outside the box and learn from those who have succeeded in their business. Whether it be through reading a book, article or pulling that someone you look up to aside. Ask what is the key to their success? You can do it! Now learn and apply!



CHALLENGE: Email me at e.limon07@ymail.com with a favorite quote that has impacted your life and business. Include the quote and the name of the person who gave it. If you want to share why that quote is important to you...go for it! I will post them in a special section on Irrevocabel Call Words of Wisdom. Let others be insprired by the words that have inspired you.

His call. His gifts. Your purpose. Irrevocable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets get it started!

Connected